Health insurance in Georgia includes public and private health care insurance.
Public health insurance in Georgia is provided by the universal health care (UHC) system under which the state funds medical treatment. Responsibility for purchasing publicly financed health services lies with the Social Service Agency (SSA). The universal health care programme relies on fundamental values, such as solidarity, equality, the protection of human rights and justice. The Universal health care programme covers the planned outpatient, urgent outpatient-in-patient and planned surgical services, as well as the medical tests, treatment of oncological diseases and delivery. Beneficiaries of the Universal health care programme are persons holding document certifying Georgian citizenship, persons with neutral ID cards or neutral travelling documents. Also stateless persons with status, refugees or persons with humanitarian status seeking for asylum.
You can register for planned outpatient services optionally, at any facility of the selected service provider. However, registration can be changed in 2 months once. The person using the programme has the right to be registered only one clinic - in the institution of the planned outpatient service.
There are no restrictions on choosing a medical facility for emergency outpatient and inpatient services.
There are handful private insurance companies in Georgia. These companies offer different types of insurance, including health care insurance.
The list of the largest insurance companies in Georgia:
- JSC “Insurance Company GPI Holding”
- JSC “Insurance Company Aldagi”
- JSC “Insurance Company Imedi L”
- JSC “Tbc Insurance”
- JSC Insurance Company “Unison”
- JSC Insurance Company “Ardi Group”
- JSC International Insurance Company “IRAO”
- JSC “Insurance Company Alpha”
- JSC “PSP Insurance”
- JSC "Insurance Group Of Georgia"
- Insurance Company "Global Benefits Georgia"
- JSC Insurance Company “Euroins Georgia”
- JSC Insurance Company „Prime”
- JSC Insurance Company “Tao”
- JSC “Insurance Company Cartu”
- Insurance Company "Hualing Insurance"
- JSC "GREEN INSURANCE GEORGIA”
- JSC ”New Vision Insurance”
More information see here